Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Odds and Ends

Random Stuff from the Old Blog

On Gaming

The thing is, I find winning and losing to be very stressful. It's part of why I don't really enjoy sports and never did. Any of you who have ever played board games with me will likely have noticed that I get cranky and stresed out when winning or losing. I like to be in the middle. I like for it not to matter. When I gamble, it's sort of the same. I just want to balance out and have a good time doing so. Too far in either direction doesn't sit well with me. It's too much pressure. After a disasterous turn at RiverRock before the holidays, I am learning to stop playing when the stress sets in. Given that I'm not a fan of winning and losing, maybe I should reconsider my career choice.

Hmmmm
I'm having a weird feeling today. Like all these people in my class are staring at me. Not everyone, just these few people. Not sure why. Maybe it's the beginning of paranoid schizophrenia. Or just the coalescence of coincidence. Not sure. Best to keep an eye on it. I'll let you all know if I start hearing weird voices telling me to kill people.

The Curse
Heading out now. I have apparently managed to break something like 18 glasses over the last seven months. So I need to get some new ones. I know I know. I'm an idiot. I don't know how it happens. I only started breaking dishes in 2004. But in the past year and a bit, it's become almost a dish a week. I don't know why. I think someone put a weird curse on me.
NOTE: The curse is now broken. I don't break stuff anymore, but James has started to. Ha ha ha ha.

Another Door
I spent the afternoon in a psych ward in Surrey. It's put me in a strange mood.

My boss says he wouldn't take his dog there. It occurs to me as strange that someone would take their child there and leave them for over a month. You have a problem, I'm sorry, goodbye.

This girl. Could have been me ten years ago. All the same problems, all the same issues. She could have really been something, if life had given her a chance. I tried to tell her it wasn't over, not to give up. I made good, didn't I?

But she's got it worse than me. She got into a car one night at 15 and it took the jaws of life to get her out. She will never be the same. She probably has permanent damage to her body and to her brain.

Apparently I take these things too personally. I "take the job home" as they say. How can you not? These are real people. I don't know. Maybe I'm not cut out for this after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home