Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Why you're civilization is evil

Last night on the news there was a story about two brothers in Texas. They were, I believe 4 and 5 years old. They were fighting over a toy, as children frequently do. One of the children left the room in a huff. But he didn't go crying to a parent to solve his problem. He went and got his father's gun. And he came back and shot his brother point blank. Then he got the toy all to himself.

Everyone who is completely disturbed and disgusted by this story please raise your hand.

I was so angry when I heard about this. It made me wish I had a weapon of mass destruction to destroy destroy destroy a people that destroy innocence and trust and safety all around the world.

It blew me away. And questions have been popping into my head ever since. Questions like, how did he even know how to use a gun? How did he know how to aim? How was he able to hold it? To get his little fingers to use enough force to squeeze the trigger? Did he fall back from the impact of the recoil? Did he get to sleep that night? Was the gun loaded while in the house? If not, how did the kid know how to load it? Was the gun easily accessible? If so, have parents NOT YET LEARNED to keep their weapons where their children can't access them after how many child deaths from weapons over the last decade!?! I mean, that was a major policy issue when i was growing up and in my teens. What happened?
For that matter, why the hell did they even have a gun in the house with children? What need do you really have to arm yourself?

But more importantly than all of this: Who taught this child to solve problems by getting a weapon? By using aggression? By destroying the person in your way?

When you build a nation on war after war. When your greatest inventions and accomplishments are battles, wealth, weapons, and military prowess that have resulted in power by the barel of a gun, then I guess you can't expect any better from each and every citizen. Each little child who can't yet read 'chicken little' but can shoot his brother in cold blood over a tonka truck.

I hate the world because I can't change it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home