Sunday, May 25, 2008

Capture the Flag of our Hearts

Well, I've got something that you want
And I want something that you've got
The pieces don't come together
The whole just falls apart

And I don't know how
To make it right
Cause there's
No salvation in this silence
But it's all
We seem to know how to do

Something could be achieved
If we just closed our eyes and believed
But you're not loud enough
And I'm not big enough
To climb over this mountain
That appeared between us

Now there's no movement
In this cold war
I'll take my hostages
And you take yours
Like teams for some flag
Or a game of baseball
I don't go near
Your Main street kingdom
And you stay off
The north shore
So there's no risk
Of cross-contamination

Even though
I've got something that you want
And I want something that you've got
The pieces don't come together
And the whole just falls apart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home