Friday, March 14, 2008

The better you

Well baby girl,
Not such a baby anymore
Now your face has changed
And you have changed
But you're still there
Wailing at the shadows
On the wall
So I don't know
Quite how grown
You are after all

You've been drowning
It's been so long now
And I keep screaming
For you to swim
But it's like
There's no light
Inside, to keep you kicking

You don't see that you're phosphorous

And he says
That I've given up too soon
The best is yet to come
The better you

But I am bound to say nothing
To let you grow up on your own
To let you believe in
The deceit you've been sold
Because it's your
Own big air balloon
And you'd never forgive me
If I showed you the holes

So I've got to go
And leave you alone
It's too broken and breaking
For me to hold
Together, anymore

And he says
That I've given up too soon
The best is yet to come
The better you
And maybe that's true
But I don't know how
To stand here and watch you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home