Tuesday, January 15, 2008

while we get caught up to our own mistakes....

A plane flies too low

Over this building

Full on the side

With office windows


Instinctively come undone

By the thoughts

That every good North-American

Gets going on since that hot autumn day


You know we’re just living

In this borrowed time village

Where it's crystal that someday soon

The rooster is going to crow holocaust


It’s just a matter of time now

Silently we accept the end of the

Era of deceiving ourselves

About the inevitable harvest


And do you regret

The things you don’t say

More than the things

That you do?


I keep trying to

Squeeze these words out

Whispering “I miss you,

And won’t you stick around”


But whenever I seem to

Manage a push

You always find a way

To pull back instead


You say you have your reasons

And I believe that’s true

But sometimes

I need to hear it from you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home