Wednesday, January 07, 2009

That Look

I don't know where your light comes from
But it shines through this average world
And I don't know what your eyes see
But that look follows me around for days
For days

And I can feel you lost
Across this mountainous landscape
Your conflicts crack the smooth surface
Of your placid joviality
I don't want to be the cause
And I don't want to feel the effect

So I'm trying, trying
To hold both of us together
And police the insidious behaviour
Born out of a wave that can't be held back
And it's a bit like
Wrestling an angel
Maybe a battle that can't be won
But I'm gonna try
I'm sure as hell going to try my hardest

Storm clouds on a winter day
And I know you're leaving soon
It's only a matter of time
Before you can't hold on
So I'm cherishing these little moments
While I'm able
I'm holding onto your every word
While you're still kicking this can around

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home