Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's correctible, they're right you know, it's as easy as it sounds

Matt Good posted this recently, and I gotta say he put it rather perfectly:

Rolling

It’s rolling towards 2am. Can’t sleep again. On the usual amount of bedtime medication, but its ability to help me sleep is beginning to wane. Just feel more stoned than anything, or what, in my experience, stoned feels like. I only know the depths of pharmaceutical’s finest downers, either a perk or a curse to those that wrestle the long arm of mental illness. I’ve two left hands, can’t concentrate, can’t really type.

Worry not, dear readers, nothing is amiss. It’s just all part of the daily battle. After a while people tend to forget that you fight it, even those closest to you. If you can pull off the act then you’ve mastered the art of projecting a neatly packaged false sense of normalcy. That’s the truth of it. But I ain’t normal – whatever that is – nor will I ever be.


For another great post, check out:

http://www.matthewgood.org/2009/09/a-lifetime-ago/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home