Sunday, May 28, 2006

Welcome/Ode to a girl

So. If you've come here, then you have found me. Good for you. Some of you are invited, some of you show up like party crashers, unwanted and unloved.
The sky is grey today and it all moves along to hymn I'm deaf to.

Nevertheless. I have started a new blog.
As you can see, I have retrieved some of my old posts. Aka the ones I could be bothered with. Have another read-through, they were saved for a reason.
I have spent a week trying to decide what my first new post wtll be. The only thing I can come up with is a poem I wrote for a friend of mine. It was her birthday about two weeks ago and it's one of my favorite writings. So it fits somehow.

Anyway, enjoy your day. See you again soon.

Emerald

Well this little girl
She needs
Something to believe in
Instead of just leaving
Maybe we should
Pack up and build up
An igloo
To keep her warm
I’m told it doesn’t take long
My source
That little boy
Advertising his own castle
For rent on Crown lands

Well I’m just a failure to you
We’re all just failing, failing
To hold your china skin pieces
And watching you crack right open

But baby
She needs something
Like maybe a big fall
Off a big cliff
Or some kind of a thing
So she remembers
In those breathing crevices
That she used to feel alive
And that little warm cuddly feel
Of blood building up
Blood building up in your chest

You gotta believe in something
Be it lady bugs or genocide
Or a good and terrorizing god up on high
And maybe some kind of
Institutional power is all we need
Is that all you need?

In the eye of the twister
Common destruction ballroom dancing
You there
So still
Little bunny slippers with eyes like emeralds

Well I’m just a failure to you
We’re all just failing failing
To hold your china skin pieces together
And watching you

But little girl little girl
Somewhere back there you know
It’s not 1996 anymore
That doesn’t mean
That it’s already ended
We can still laugh
And wear our baggy pants
You know we still watch that show
Like little carnivorous cave dwellers
Glaring reruns Sweetie pie
She says “you’re Angela”
Not that it matters now
Even Angela isn’t Angela anymore

I say “She’s gone
And turned her red locks blond”
And years flew past
When we weren’t looking
The world changed
When we weren’t watching
You need to leave there and stop spinning
Don’t you hear?
Get your gym shoes on and come on over
Come on over

Well I’m just a failure to you
We’re all just failing failing
To hold your china skin pieces together
And watching you cracking wide open

But baby
You gotta know
I can’t just be watching watching
Anymore
You gotta be your own saviour
You can't be failure to yourself
You can't be falling and failing
To hold your young self together
Anymore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home