Monday, January 04, 2010

Maybe I will call him Walter

I didn't sleep again last night. Which blows.

Especially since I have done nothing for 10 days or so, just hanging around, watching tv. It was good. It was necessary. I needed the rest.

I'm still hacking and coughing, which is all so pleasant and lady-like, but I'm getting better. I know this because I am essentially doing the same, but with a decreasing amount of chemical assistance.

So, I was looking forward to having been rested and starting back at real life today, refreshed. Instead I was thwarted by the demon Anxiety. He loves me. He visits me regularly. We have little parties in the middle of the night. I feed him cheerios and coconut covered 'snowballs'. I don't actually like him though and wish he would stop coming around.

Last night I tried to trick him. I used Jesus against him, seeing as he is a demon. It worked for awhile, he was lulled by academic interpretations of the First Testament and the Ecclesiastes. But when I snuck back upstairs, he awoke again and several more hours passed before he was appeased and I could fall asleep. So needless to say, my dream of a restful return to work with the new decade and the new year were essentially for naught.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home