Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sleeping is for un-broken people I envy

It's 3 am and no sleep for me again. This has become an un-fun pattern. I have pills for such problems now but as previously explained I fear the pills more than the lack of sanity or something like that.

I had a bad dream about Guy last night. It has been haunting me all day and here I am at 3 am with it still on my mind. Funny how you can not think about someone, seemingly, for a fairly long time and then suddenly you get an attack of that person and the ensuing emotions, thrust into your mind while in a state you cannot control. It sucks.

I have been reading about the U.S. elections for the past bit and watching the dreaded CNN coverage off and on all day. I am totally thrilled. I am not convinced that this will lead to a change in government in 2008, but at least the Dems will work to immobilize the executive branch during the next two years. I jumped into bed saying "Yeah, the States are made impotent for a while", but isn't the world better off? Having been releived of the full terror of the American right for a brief time at least? The bad news is that the government's inability to do much over the next two years may cast a bad shadow on the Democrats for failing to acheive much given this blessed gift from the people. Well, it's too early to worry about such things.

I am, of course, also thrilled about Rumsfeld's resignation. Although it does just seem like a bad case of 'we need a fall guy'. Unfortunately I doubt much will change with his departure. The machine is already rolling, but hopefully it will roll with a little more direction toward the real bad guys.

There is also the Britney Spears-Kevin Federline shocker, but thoughts on that will have to wait for another day.

Anyway, I'm going to watch some "Big Love", which I've been craving all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home