Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I run, it's just what I do

Sometimes I wish you hadn't come back
Which is terrible to say
And terrible to think
Especially considering
All the good things you do for me

But I'm living with a shell of a person
That I used to know
And every day
I wander by
The shell of the person
I used to be
And I was doing okay
Before you came
Being a shadow
Of my secret self

Cause I was starting
To rebuild the paper house
Learning to walk again
Learning to talk
Like a child
Who forgot everything they ever knew
And my progress was just little
Bits of nothing much
One step after another

Until you turned that corner
And coffee spilled everywhere
Now it's every day
A marathon
Making me remember
Or face all those things
That I buried
Long ago for a reason

And maybe I'm better off
Being one of the walking dead
Suburban zombie sellout
It's soul crushing
But it's easier
To be pliable and fit the mold
Than constantly
Fighting the shape of things

And there you stand
Like a pyramid in the desert sun
Grandiose and obvious
Above the rest of us sand dwellers
Demonstration of something truer
Than I can face
And it's a shame
That I run from it
Rather than climbing those steps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home