Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sailor

I've gotta find me a sailor
I'm gonna float on the sea
To hide from you
And run from myself
And disappear from everything
I thought that we could be

With some work
You can train yourself
To forget the sound of my voice
In a bar at 2 am
Trust us it's been done before
To disappear completely
Imagine you dreamed the whole thing
In some hotel during a weekend binge

There are questions
Like electrons in the clouds between us
Never to be grasped
Truths that won't matter never served
You're clear on the point
That you've got no need
So mute on my ship
I'll proceed
Heart crossed and hands tied
Gagged by ideas of contention
And silenced by pride

When I landed back on the beach
I thought it was time to stop running
But I didn't know
That that was only the beginning
Hit the coast further North and West
To start afresh
Where I'll get me some deckhands
And a crew like John wished
Set off to sail the seven seas
Where I'm gonna find me a sailor
On a Viking ship
Flying arrows aflame with purpose
~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home