Friday, June 26, 2009

The looking glass

Alice on her mushroom stool
Overlooking Central Park
You dreamed you were a lion
But you're just a kitty cat

I've a hookah on the shelf
Smoldering as the carpenter
Blowing circles made of smoke
With my friend the caterpillar

I've got no faith anymore
Just a magic potion or two
The world tremendous or disappeared
In an instant I can make you

Adventuring down Harlow
He called me the Queen of Hearts
"I'm glad you do what I want
Or else it's off with your head"

Well maybe it's time
To play the monarch and croquet
Henry's birthday for honour
An everyday decapitation
Everyone will celebrate
At the party I sip tea
All your mad hats lost
It's for the best
Before the day is done
Before the song ends
On my wall
I'll mount your head

The wherewithal
Of a bright idea
The opening sequence
Of a game of chess
Past the river of tears
With a sleight of hand
I'll make you regret
Walking through the looking glass

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home