Monday, August 30, 2010

Obvious

I know what I should do
It's obvious
And has been
For almost as long
As I've known you.

I should let you go
I should unshackle these chains
And let you run free
In the opposite direction
From me
As fast as your feet
Can carry you

I should say goodbye
And grant you
Your liberty
So you can run wild
In a sea
Of weightless travel
And emancipation
Where you could float
Or learn to swim
Instead of always sinking, sinking

The most compassionate
The most caring
The most loving
Thing that I can do
Is let go of you

Problem being
I don't even own
My own key
Because the lock
That keeps
You shackled to me
Is one which
I am seemingly
Incapable
Of liberating
Either of us from.

I've tried.
If there was an omniscient god
He or she would know
That I have truly given my all
To give you away
To save you
From the sinking ship
That is and always will be
My fickle heart

Because that
Is the most loving thing
That I can think of
To do for you

But I can't.
Something about that equation
Makes 2 + 2 = 45
It doesn't add up
It doesn't work
The world keeps spinning
But out of line
Like gravity gone sideways
People adapt
But every day
All I can think
Is that you're missing
That, as Morpheus would say,
Something is wrong.

So we roll up
To this disaster show
One more time
To see if we can fix it
We all climb in
To the clown car
To see if we can make
These broken pieces
Fit together
In a way
That doesn't tear us apart

And I'm nervous
Because everytime
It changes
And everytime
It's the same
And I want it
To be the same
In the ways that it is different
And different
In how it is common

As you would say,
Sometimes life is funny like that

For further reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbxqtbqyoRk&ob=av2e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home